REPRODUCTION OIL PAINTINGS - HOW THEY ARE MADE
| OUR STUDIO AND PAINTERS
Take a look at the place , where the best part of our hand painted art reproductions are created. This is where our artists work every day to create masterpieces. Since we are committed to customer service, we will make a walk with you step-by-step through the painting process. It is somehow complicated. because all starts with a simple white canvas and results in a piece of Art with a spirit of its own .
All painters at the WORLD CLASSIC GALLERY have acquired their painting experience for a long creative period. One of them is good at impressionism, other is a master of the more classical way of painting, some are marinists or landscape painters. No matter what painting you may order the reproduction will be executed perfectly by the artist, experienced best in this style . But our painters are original artists as well as copy professionals, and that's why you get not just a simple oil painting, resembling another one , but rather an art reproduction, bearing the whole spirit of the original painting.
For every art reproduction we use oil paints and canvas of the finest French quality, which ensures long life for your painting. We mainly use " Pebeo " and in particular the exclusive luxury series " Pebeo Fragonard ".
For centuries the " Pebeo " brand has proven to be one of the most qualified oil paint and canvas manufacturer. The selection of siccative oils - the binder - is one of the major factors ensuring long term durability to your oil painting: avoiding irreversible deterioration such as overall darkening of the reproduction, variation in brilliance or the appearance of microcracks. Through the latest studies carried out jointly with the National Photoprotection Evaluation Centre, Pebeo has been able to develop for Huile d'Art outstanding blend of oils, guaranteeing optimum preservation of the oil painting.
The coating of Pebeo canvasses ensures the durability of your oil painting . After an impregnation layer (undercoat) are applyed the finishing layers. Formulated on the basis of a thermoplastic binder, these layers absorb shocks and deformations of the canvas, limit the risks of crackling and the phenomena of microcracking. Their semi-porosity allows the film to breathe and improves the adhesion of the picturial layers.
THE PAINTING PROCESS AT STAGES
Our artists have nearly 20 years of experience in Fine Art Reproduction techniques and our database of paintings consists of more than 5000 selected famous works.
Take this step by step walk through the process of creating an oil painting reproduction.
After an order is placed and depending on the style of the oil painting I will personally decide to whom of our painters the reproduction should be subscribed.
1. All art reproductions like most of the famous oil paintings are started with a simple sketch on a blank canvas. The painter will use a pencil or charcoal to shape the subjects onto the canvas. At this stage he will mainly focus on the painting's composition.
2. Every painter has his own technique of reproducing, but in usual he will first begin to apply paint to the canvas, following the pencil outline. He’ll paint the background and go to what first grabs his interest. At this stage the painter is absorbed by the painting and may meticulously concentrate on some details, whereas others are still beeing kept untouched.
3. This is where the artist begins to deepen the color tonality. A texture is applied where needed, so that it can later be coated with thin transparent layers to achieve color richness. At this stage of the reproduction the painter may sporadically go from one detail to another, which at a later stage of painting will be bound together.
4. At this later but not final stage of the reproduction process the painter will bound all parts together, here he will apply the so - called velatures to achieve the fantastic brilliance of color, something that the Old Masters were so famous for. The artist will use brushes of a different size, will apply thick or transparent brush strokes and will concentrate on any detail until maximum resemblance with the original oil painting is attained.
5. It's not over yet. The art reproduction must be coated with at least two layers of varnish, a combination of clear resin and solvent. This is the final touch to the painting and is very important , since it will preserve the paint from humidity and give the painting a glossy look.
PACKAGING AND SHIPPING
The finished reproductions are rolled in strong secure tubes, then certified , insured and hand delivered to the shipping address you provide.
Once your order has been shipped you will receive notification from both our online retailer CCNow Inc. and from us. Shipping usually takes 3 to 5 business days .
An oil reproduction is different from a color print and is treated differently during shipping. The canvas bears a stamp on it's back and travels with a special certificate, that is a must, when it comes to passing customs. These are issued by a state committee for Art products valuation and are necessary for any oil reproduction, subject to export . The certificate proves that the painting is not an original old painting, but a reproduction and is therefore not liable to custom examination and taxes. It applies to only one reproduction and is valid a week after import in the specified country. There's no additional charge for this certificate, it's included in the shipping cost.
OIL PAINTING REPRODUCTION FRAMING AND CARE
Your art reproduction comes with additional two inches of blank canvas on each side, needed for stretching the painting on a frame. When holding a framed painting, hold the frame from the back and do not touch the painting's surface with fingers. An oil painting does not need any special care. When you clean it do not use cleaning products, but just a soft cloth. If your art reproduction has a thick layer of paint ( such as impressionist oil paintings have - Monet, Degas, Van Gogh, Cezanne ), please be careful not to touch the painting's surface or press anything against it, for at least a month after delivery.
If your favorite painting is not listed in our catalog, or is listed but with different size, use this form to contact us with your questions. You will be answered within 24 hours.