The period known as the Renaissance represented a revival of the arts and a complete change in how artists would depict the visible world around them. Over time it spread thoughout Western Europe and would last until the late 1500's.
Some notable aspects of this art movement were:
- Oil paint was first used replacing egg tempera as the major art medium of the time.
- The ideas of Ancient Rome were adapted into many art works in Italy.
- More daily life activities were depicted in Dutch paintings.
A partial list of artists involved during this period includes:
Hieronymous Bosch, Sandro Botticelli, Leonardo Da Vinci, Donatello, Albrecht D?rer, El Greco, Michelangelo, and van Eyck.
- Bellini, Giovanni (1430-1516)
- Botticelli, Sandro (1445-1510)
- Bramante, Donato D'Angelo, Fermignano (1444-1514)
- Carpaccio, Vittore (1455-1525)
- Correggio, Antonio Allegri (1489-1534)
- Francesca, Piero dela (1416-1492)
- Giorgione, Castelfranco Veneto (1477-1510)
- Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519)
- Lotto, Lorenzo (1480-1556)
- Mantegna, Andrea (1431-1506)
- Michelangelo, Buonarroti (1475-1564)
- Moroni, Giovan Batista (1520-1578)
- Perugino, Pietro Vannucci (1450-1524)
- Raphael, Raffaello Sanzio (1483-1520)
- Savoldo, Giovanni Gerolamo (1480-1548)
- Titian, Tiziano Vicellio (1485-1576)
- Gentileschi, Artemisia (1593-1652)