REPRODUCTION OIL PAINTINGS - HOW THEY ARE MADE
OUR STUDIO AND PAINTERS
Let's take a walk step-by-step through the painting process. It is somehow complicated, because all starts with a simple white canvas and results in a piece of Art with a spirit of its own.
All painters at ALLARCLASSIC have acquired their painting experience for a long creative period. One of them is good at impressionism, other is a master of the more classical way of painting, some are marinists or landscape painters. No matter what painting you order the reproduction will be executed perfectly by the artist, experienced best in this style. But some of our painters are original artists as well and that's why you get not just a simple oil painting, resembling another one, but rather an art reproduction, bearing the whole spirit of the original painting.
For every art reproduction we use oil paints and canvas of the finest French quality, which ensures long life for your painting. We mainly use "Pebeo" and in particular the exclusive luxury series "Pebeo Fragonard". Upon customer reques the painter could use acrylic paints or other materials.
For centuries the "Pebeo" brand has proven to be one of the most qualified oil paint and canvas manufacturer. The selection of siccative oils - the binder - is one of the major factors ensuring long term durability to your oil painting: avoiding irreversible deterioration such as overall darkening of the reproduction, variation in brilliance or the appearance of microcracks. Through the latest studies carried out jointly with the National Photoprotection Evaluation Centre, Pebeo has been able to develop for Huile d'Art outstanding blend of oils, guaranteeing optimum preservation of the oil painting. The coating of Pebeo canvasses ensures the durability of your oil painting . After an impregnation layer (undercoat) are applied the finishing layers. Formulated on the basis of a thermoplastic binder, these layers absorb shocks and deformations of the canvas, limit the risks of crackling and the phenomena of microcracking. Their semi-porosity allows the film to breathe and improves the adhesion of the picturial layers. Some customers require their paintings to be painted on wooden panels. In this case the cost may be higher due to the additional work on preparing the panel's surface on both sides. The shipping cost will increase as well.
THE PAINTING PROCESS AT STAGES
Our artists have nearly 20 years of experience in Fine Art Reproduction techniques and our database of paintings consists of more than 5000 selected famous works. Take this step by step walk through the process of creating an oil painting reproduction.
1. All art reproductions like most of the famous oil paintings are started with a pencil or charcoal drawing on a blank canvas. The painter will shape the main subjects onto the canvas. At this stage he will mainly focus on the painting's composition.
2. Every painter has his own technique of reproducing, but in usual they will first apply paint to the canvas, following the pencil outline. They will paint the background and go to what first grabs their interest. At this stage the painter is absorbed by the painting and may meticulously focus on some details, whereas others are still beeing kept untouched.
3. This is where the artist begins to deepen the color tonality. A texture is applied where needed, so that it can later be coated with thin transparent layers to achieve color richness. At this stage of the reproduction the painter may sporadically go from one detail to another, which at a later stage of painting will be bound together.
4. At this later but not final stage of the reproduction process the painter will bound all parts together, here he will apply the so - called velatures to achieve the fantastic brilliance of color, something that the Old Masters were so famous for. The artist will use brushes of a different size, will apply thick or transparent brush strokes and will concentrate on any detail until maximum resemblance with the original oil painting is attained.
5. It's not over yet. The art reproduction must be coated with at least two layers of varnish, a combination of clear resin and solvent. This is the final touch to the painting and is very important , since it will preserve the paint from humidity and give the painting a glossy or matte look, depending on your preference.
PACKAGING AND SHIPPING
The finished reproductions are rolled in strong secure tubes, then certified , insured and hand delivered to the shipping address you provide.
Once your order has been shipped you will receive an email confirming shipment. Shipping usually takes 3 to 5 business days if you use standard EMS method and two days if you choose FedEx fast delivery
An oil reproduction is different from a color print and is treated differently during shipping. The canvas bears a stamp on it's back and travels with a special certificate, that is necessary, when passing customs. These are issued by a state committee for Art products valuation and are necessary for any oil reproduction, subject to export. The certificate proves that the artwork is not an original old painting, but a reproduction and is therefore not liable to custom examination and taxes. It applies to only one reproduction and is valid a month after import in the specified country. There's no additional charge for this certificate, it's included in the shipping cost.
OIL PAINTING REPRODUCTION FRAMING AND CARE
The art reproduction comes with additional two inches of blank canvas on each side, needed for stretching the painting on a frame. When holding a framed painting, hold the frame from the back and do not touch the painting's surface with fingers. An oil painting does not need any special care. When you clean it do not use cleaning products, but just a soft cloth. If your art reproduction has a thick layer of paint ( such as impressionist oil paintings have - Monet, Degas, Van Gogh, Cezanne ), please be careful not to touch the painting's surface or press anything against it, for at least a month after delivery.
If your favorite painting is not listed in our catalog, or is listed but with different size, use this form to contact us with your questions. You will be answered within 24 hours.